Tuesday, March 07, 2006

last day of class

Well, this was the last class day of the year. Tomorrow is a send-off chapel, and then I'll give my final exams Thursday morning. The year really has gone pretty rapidly. In some ways, I'm glad it's over. That's mostly just because a new school year means a clean slate and a chance to be a better teacher. This first year, I spent a lot of time just trying to get acclimated, scrambling to put together lessons and learning how to communicate more effectively. I still have a lot of work to do in all of those areas, but hopefully I'll have a little less abrupt of a start to my next school year.

We have a scheduled power outage tomorrow. Usually, we use that as an excuse to get out of town. But we have the send-off chapel, a special lunch with the fourth-year students and Tiff has a final project to collect in the afternoon. Plus, we need to get this place cleaned up; Mom and Dad arrive in the Philippines on Friday night.

No comments: